Thursday, December 10, 2009

Big Barda!


I've grown to love the body of work that Jack "The King" Kirby left behind. I don't know why, but the older I get the more I appreciate it.

His genius was undeniable.

Even though he created or co-created many of the most recognizable characters in comics, it's not that often that I get to draw any of them. This commission features Big Barda, from Kirby's Fourth World. The first time I was exposed to her was on an episode of Justice League Unlimited in which she and Mr. Miracle come to seek the league's aid against Granny Goodness (gotta love that name!), but they only manage to get the Flash to help them. A great episode (but then all those episodes are great).

Although I haven't read Fourth World in its entirety, I plan on owning the set of Fourth World Ombibus' (Omnibi?).

Big Barda (c) 2009 D.C. Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment